cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME T1 CAS caller id

budmiller
Level 1
Level 1

We have recently installed a CME system running IOS 12.4.22.T1. CME version is 7.0. We have a T1 CAS using all 24 channels. Is there a way to get caller id to display on inbound calls?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

T1 CAS doesn't support caller-id. Some providers will offer it as a supplementary service via DTMF in the *ANI*CLID format, but this isn't supported on the ISR routers.

You can get caller ID via CAS FGD ports. I would ask your provider if this is an option.

-nick

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

T1 CAS doesn't support caller-id. Some providers will offer it as a supplementary service via DTMF in the *ANI*CLID format, but this isn't supported on the ISR routers.

You can get caller ID via CAS FGD ports. I would ask your provider if this is an option.

-nick

Thanks for the good info Nick! I appreciate the help.

whanson
Level 2
Level 2

any possibility of letting me see a snippet of the cme so I can understand how the t1 is built...thx

We are using a VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 card so you're config might vary slightly if you are using something else.

I omitted the unimportant stuff. Here is the part that matters. You'll want to talk to the provider to see what kind of signaling they will be using on the T1 CAS. In this case they were using wink start.

card type t1 0 1

controller T1 0/1/0

framing SF

linecode ami

cablelength long 0db

ds0-group 1 timeslots 1-24 type e&m-wink-start dtmf dnis

voice-port 0/1/0:1

connection plar 7041

dial-peer voice 10 pots

description PRI Incoming Dial-peer

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

dial-peer voice 2000 pots

description Outbound Calls via T1

preference 1

destination-pattern 9T

port 0/1/0:1

you are a peach. thanks very much

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: