Helpful
Replies

CNR with many logs

b.pinvidic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a CNR with this logs:

Server name/dhcp/1: 0 Unable to find necessary Client information in Inform packet from MAC address: '1,6,00:00:00:00:00:00'. Packet dropped!

what does it mean and what solution for search the cause?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

If a Windows 2000 system with the Release Candidate 1 DHCP client attempts to get a DHCP lease from a Network Registrar DHCP server, it will be unsuccessful. The Network Registrar DHCP server logs the following error:

Server name/dhcp/1: 0 Unable to find necessary Client information in Inform packet from MAC address: '1,6,00:00:00:00:00:00'. Packet dropped!

Network Registrar includes error checking specifically designed to deal with errors in the DHCP client, such as this improperly built FQDN option. However, if you encounter this problem, install the Microsoft patch to the RC1 client on the DHCP client. You must obtain this patch from Microsoft.

For further information click this link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/netmgtsw/ps1982/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00800ade69.html

Thank for the response,

but i have atready see this issue but it'sn't my problem.

I have trace the port of the cnr and i have see a printer server which send a DHCPINFORM with option 43 . This packet isn't recognize by the CNR and the log is generate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: