cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't NAT multicast packet's source address

francisfox
Level 1
Level 1

See the attached diagram. I have a multicast source (PC#1) connected to a subinterface on a router, via a switch. The IP address for PC#1 192.168.0.200 must be NAT'd to 10.1.1.200. The traffic is GRE tunnelled to another switch (6500) and then on to PC#2. The interface and the Tunnel on the 7200 are in vrf ABCD. Multicast is running in sparse-mode. From PC#1 I can ping PC#2 and the source address is NAT'd OK. PC#2 can subscribe to PC#1 multicast feed but the multicast UDP packets source address is not NAT'd. I have also tried NAT Virtual Interface on the incoming subinterface but this does not work either. I wonder if anyone can help?

3 Replies 3

francisfox
Level 1
Level 1

Attachment added ....

In fact when I try to put NVI on the incoming subinterface neither the ping nor the multicast source addresses are NAT'd, however the translation appears in the "show ip nat nvi translations" list.

Hameed Shah
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Im having a similliar issue in my Works I&T lab. Have you been able to resolve this issue

Nat doest seem to be occuring before the packet is forwarded to the neighboring router. When looking at the mcast routing table. It shows the Non NAT'ed Ip address on the interface where the source packet came from (same subnet as unitcast source unicast IP)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco