cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can Quick VPN and Cisco VPN coexist (WRVS4400N)

mpdelaney
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking to purchase a WRVS4400N to support my home network.  While I am out on the road I would like to VPN into my home network from my laptop (on which I have installed Cisco VPN for mobile corporate access to my company network).  With this in mind I have three questions :

1. Is the Cisco VPN client on my laptop able to establish a VPN connection to the WRVS4400N unit?  I suspect not and instead I have to use Quick VPN.

2. I understand there are co-existance issues with VPN clients from different vendors (when I tried this before with a Netgear router, the Netgear VPN client broke the Cisco VPN client).  Can Linksys Quick VPN client coexist with Cisco VPN client without any issues?

3. A last resort, if Cisco and Linksys VPN's can't coexist, would installing the Linksys Quick VPN client inside a VM Ware image work (while the Cisco VPN client remains installed in the host os).

Many thanks for any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1) Correct.  QVPN for WRVS4400N

2) I run both Cisco VPN CLient and Quick VPN on my laptop and seems fine

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1) Correct.  QVPN for WRVS4400N

2) I run both Cisco VPN CLient and Quick VPN on my laptop and seems fine

mpdelaney
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: