cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to install Unity 4.0(5) - MSDE problem - will not install.

lundholmster
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently in the process of migrating our old Unity 4.0(5) server to unity 5. To do that I am going to install the new server with the oder version of unity, move the users and then upgrade to 5.

Running the CUSPA, I am unable to install MSDE. After running the command: "C:\MSDE_SP3a\MSDE\Setup.exe /upgradesp SQLRUN blanksapwd=1", I keep getting the error message : "This product is not installed. Check if appropriate instance of MSDE is installed." I have also tried creating a shortcut with the correct syntax in it, but that does not work either. Anyone got any ideas?

2 Replies 2

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can go ahead and just install the Database store, which is SQL 2000 Standard with SP4. It will work fine with 4.05 and 5.x

I dont have the data store 2000 CD, it has been lost. Could I install MSDE with "setup.exe /blanksapwd=1"? what does /upgradesp SQLRUN command do?

I mean, if I dont have MSDE installed, why would I want to upgrade it to SP3 when its not installed? Sounds a bit confusing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: