Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade phone firmware in CUCM

alex goshtaei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I want to upgrade phone firmware in CUCM 7.0. based on Cisco's documents, I have to use software upgarde --> install/upgrade in OS admin. I installed new firmware by this way. am I supposed to see firmware files in the TFTP file management as well? would the next step be just type firmware name in the device default and reset phone to get upgrade?

appreciate for any suggestion

Alex

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can restart it, but I don't believe that will make a difference. You might want to try reinstalling it and make sure it completes successfully. If it is successful and still doesn't change it, try changing the value manually then restart TFTP and reset the phone.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mhendren925
Level 1
Level 1

When you install the firmware via the install/upgrade portion in OS/Admin it will automatically change it in the Device Default menu. Once you do upload the file, restart the TFTP service under Cisco Serviceability. In Serviceability go to Tools -> Control Center/Feature Services. Once it's restarted, just reset the phone and the phone should see the new version and proceed to upgrade.

thanks for the quick response,

I can't restart TFTP, I'll do it tonight. but when I installed firmware, it's has not shown up in default device. should I restart TFTP server in order to show firmware in device default page?

thanks

Alex

You can restart it, but I don't believe that will make a difference. You might want to try reinstalling it and make sure it completes successfully. If it is successful and still doesn't change it, try changing the value manually then restart TFTP and reset the phone.

I am stuck on the same issue. I uploaded the firmware cmterm-7937-sccp.1-3-3.cop.sgn, reset TFTP, but no upgrade yet. What would be the name to insert in the device defaults for this firmware. for 1.2.1 it is apps37sccp.1-2-1-0. i am not sure what the name would be for 1.3.3. any help would be great! thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: