Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing Log File Directories

jeeyishyuan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

Can I change log file directories as listed in Common Services>Admin>Report>Log Files? Any procedure guide to refer for each log file directory to be changed?

Thanks & Regards

Yi Shyuan

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Relocating application log files is not currently supported.

MICHEL.HEGERAAT
Level 1
Level 1

If the purpose of doing this, is to keep the log space within it limits, then in LMS 3.1 you can rotate logs and move to old logs to a backup location

Server -> Admin -> Log Rotation

This will assure that you will have enough free space on the filesystem where LMS runs.

Cheers,

Michel

Hi Michel,

Thanks for the reply. I am currently using LMS 3.0. However, I could still run logrot from cmd if I the log file space is running out. The disadvantage of doing so is some log files might require offline rotation job and hence I will have to stop and start daemon manager and this might cause LMS 3.0 to hang.

Thanks and Regards

Yi Shyuan

Upgrading to 3.1 would solve that.

You can use the same license. There is no reason to stay on 3.0.

LMS 3.1 seems more stable and more coherent to me.

Cheers,

Michel

Hi Michel,

Any procedure or URL to guide me what or how to upgrade to LMS 3.1?

Thanks & Regards,

Yi Shyuan

No it wouldn't. Some log files, even in LMS 3.1, require offline rotation. The most notable example is jrm.log.

Hi Joe,

May I know is it free to upgrade LMS 3.0 to LMS 3.1 by just using LMS 3.0 license? How should I go about this?

Thanks and Regards,

YS

the upgrade from LMS 3.0 to LMS 3.1 is free and you can use your current license file. You can place an order (free of charge) by going to

www.cisco.com/upgrade

and enter your LMS SAS contract #.

Also see this thread for some information if you do not want to wait for the DVD to arrive:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&topicID=.ee71a02&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc21ab8

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco