cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPv6 on ACE

harry_sherman
Level 1
Level 1

Does anybody know whats the code/upgrade to configure IPv6 on ACE? Any documents as such to start configuring IPv6 on ACE

Thanks

5 Replies 5

IPV6 is not supported on ACE.

Syed

IPv6 is supported on the ACE but there is a code that we can install. This is a new upgrade and Cisco has provision on this. I just need to find out where i can get this information

Thanks

Wanna Bet? :)

I know for sure that its not supported.

I was told that it will be available next year.

Syed

ctually cisco has a code for the ACE with IPV6, They talked about it some weeks ago at a local presentation for ipv6.

They are looking for beta tester for this code so if you ask your cisco rep he should be able to help.

I will ask for it next week and give you a status for that.

Here are some news for the ace ipv6 support :

No software available today even for beta

The current ace module will not support ipv6 by itself, you will need to add a daughter card and it will not be available before 2011.

On a side note, the FWSM doesn't support either IPV6 in hardware and nothing will be done about it or the engineer that we met were not aware of any plan. Performance wise ,the FWSM (best throughtput) goes from multi gig/s to 80Mbps/s for ipv6 traffic.

For the ACE, they recommend to go for NAT-PT.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: