Prerequisite for CCSP

Answered Question

Hi,

Would like to know after completeting CCNA one is eligible to take CCSP?

Does CCNA security required or one having CCNA can go for it.

To best of my knowledge CCNA security will be compulsory from June 2009 onwards.

Kindly reply.

Reg,

Sushil

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Brandon Buffin about 7 years 9 months ago

Sushil,

You need a valid CCNA for CCNA Security. So, you would need to take ICND2 as well as the 640-553 IINS exam to achieve CCNA Security.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Brandon Buffin Tue, 03/31/2009 - 05:38

Sushil,

The previous requirement was CCNA + SND. However, the SND exam was retired on Nov. 17, 2008. If you previously took the SND exam, it can be used along with CCNA towards the CCSP for 3 years from the date of the exam. If you have not taken SND, the new requirement is CCNA Security.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le54/learning_certification_type_home.html

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Correct Answer
Brandon Buffin Thu, 04/02/2009 - 05:16

Sushil,

You need a valid CCNA for CCNA Security. So, you would need to take ICND2 as well as the 640-553 IINS exam to achieve CCNA Security.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

cismcetpoy Thu, 04/09/2009 - 04:05

Hi ,

I have completed my CCNA exam on October 2006,now i have a plan to write CCSP exam .CCNA is enough otherwise or before i will take CCNA security exam.

Thanks ,

cismcetpoy

Brandon Buffin Thu, 04/09/2009 - 08:02

If you have passed CCNA and SND, you can use these 2 exams as the prerequisite for CCSP until November 17, 2011. Since the SND exam is retired, if you only have CCNA, you would need to take the 640-553 IINS exam to obtain CCNA Security. CCNA Security is the current prerequisite for CCSP.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

binaghimire Tue, 04/21/2009 - 01:36

Hi Brandon,

I've passed my CCNA on 2006 and my SNPA on 2007..I would like to complete my CCSP.Do i have to do CCNA security if i would like to complete my CCSP, i understand CCNA+SND was previous CCSP requirenet , can SNPA not be used instead of SNd?

please advice..

Thanks

Brandon Buffin Tue, 04/21/2009 - 04:20

At this point, you would need to pass CCNA Security as this is the current prerequisite. If you had passed SND prior to it expiring, it along with CCNA could be used for 3 years as a prerequisite to CCSP. SNPA cannot be used to replace SND. It can however, be used towards CCSP. The CCSP Exam Certification Tool can tell you which exams you need to take based on those you've already passed. Take a look at the link below.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le54/ccsp_exam_cert_tool.html

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Actions

This Discussion