Views
Helpful
Replies

New to IDS 4235.

jvalin__s
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

can anybody tell me how to access the console of the IDS 4235.

My ids shows only

ttya login:

and I am unable to type anything on this prompt.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You will need to download the ISO CD image file from cisco.com.

Then use a CD burner to create a Recovery CD from that ISO file.

Put the CD into your sensor and reboot.

It should reboot from the CD and load a new image on the sensor.

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/ImageList.x?relVer=6.0%285%29E3&mdfid=277026258&sftType=Intrusion+Prevention+System+%28IPS%29+System+Software&optPlat=&nodecount=2&edesignator=null&modelName=Cisco+IDS+4235+Sensor&treeMdfId=278875311&treeNa...

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

rhermes
Level 7
Level 7

That doesn't sound too healthy. You may want to try re-imaging that 4235 with a boot CD. You should be able to find a 5.x .iso image in the downloads.

Hi,

sorry folks now I am able to login to the IDS but it shows only

# prompt nothing else..

There is not prompt like the usual one

sensor#

Please help.

Maybe you are logged into the service account. Do you get any response to sensor CLI (sh int) or Linux type commands (ls, pwd)?

I cant type any command on the prompt.

hi guys,

I cant run any cisco related commands on the IDS but I can run linux commands on it.

You are logged into the service account. If you have another login, exit and log back in with administrator rights. If you can't, then reimage your sensor.

well the tac case guys also says the same thing.

I cant understand if we cant type any cisco commands on it, how are we suppose to re-image.

I dont have any other login.

You will need to download the ISO CD image file from cisco.com.

Then use a CD burner to create a Recovery CD from that ISO file.

Put the CD into your sensor and reboot.

It should reboot from the CD and load a new image on the sensor.

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/ImageList.x?relVer=6.0%285%29E3&mdfid=277026258&sftType=Intrusion+Prevention+System+%28IPS%29+System+Software&optPlat=&nodecount=2&edesignator=null&modelName=Cisco+IDS+4235+Sensor&treeMdfId=278875311&treeNa...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: