Views
Helpful
Replies

Web Authentication Problem

wg wireless
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I am using 2106 controller with 1522 AP and external RADIUS and web server (holding the customized login page). Everything works well for the first time when an end user tries to open a web page, the user is redirected to login page and gains access after successful login. However, when the user closes the web browser, disconnects from the SSID and comes again on the network for the second time, the user goes directly to the desired web page instead of being redirecting to the login page. However, when the user gets a new IP address at reconnect,he is again redirected to login page but first time only )if he is using the same IP address).

I want the clients to be redirected to login page everytime they close web browser (logout) or disconnect from the SSID. Anyone can advise what change is requried in current configuration?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

vblavet
Level 1
Level 1

The problem might come from the following behaviour : The controller maintain an association table for each wifi device. This table is cleaned when the device desassociate with a 802.11 disassociation message, which is optional. Most device don't send it. It is also cleaned when the association timeout is reach with no packet receive from the client.

You can check that by try to look at the association table in the WLC and see if the client is still there. When it disappear in the list and come back again he should be redirected to the authen page.

The association timeout can be configured in the WLC.

Rgds

Vincent

Thanks. Can you please specify where I can find this association timeout setting in GUI of WLC?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: