Views
Helpful
Replies

3560E-24PD-E Not comunicating via SNMP v2

nwc.navy.mil
Level 1
Level 1

Upgraded 2 3550-24 with 2 3560E-24 migrated config over to new switches

and I am unable to communicate with them via snmp v2 with the RO string. I have tried

several programs including LMS 3.1. I have removed the strings and re-added them from known

good configs still nothing. I did have an ACL on the strings and removed it with no luck.

I started out with 12.2(46)SE and upgraded to 12.2(50)SE with no improvement.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The SNMP portion looks good. I did notice your logging configuration might be problematic. How were you verifying the debug output? From what I could tell, you would have to have been running it on a VTY with "term mon" enabled.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try running debug snmp packet to see if the SNMP requests are making it to the switch. It could be that udp/161 is blocked between your manager and this device.

Hello Jclarke,

I have enabled debug snmp packet and nothing is showing up in the log. I know UDP/161 is not being blocked on the LMS server I have no issues talking with the other network devices via SNMP v2. Should I try debug SNMP receive?

Thanks

If debug snmp packet is not showing anything, then you are not receiving SNMP packets. It may be that the filter is beyond the LMS server, and just in the path to this device.

You could try a sniffer trace at each hop in the path to see where the packets are stopping.

The LMS server is on the same vlan/subnet as all the switches it's just these 2 3560E-24's. any other ideas?

Thanks

Please post the show run from an effected switch. There was a bug in 12.2(46)SE where SNMP would not respond if you were using DHCP on the Fa0 port. However, that was fixed in 12.2(50)SE, and you would have still seen something under "debug snmp packet". Therefore, I suspect a possible configuration issue.

Here is the show run and the sh ver. I found that posting about The 12.2(46) issue and upgraded to 12.2(50)with no luck.

Thanks

The SNMP portion looks good. I did notice your logging configuration might be problematic. How were you verifying the debug output? From what I could tell, you would have to have been running it on a VTY with "term mon" enabled.

Let me try it again using the term mon. any other suggestions? or captures wanted?

Thanks

Not at this point.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: