Caller ID on FXO with MGCP

Unanswered Question
Mar 31st, 2009
User Badges:

Hi,

I found tons of articles on CISCO site as on others telling FXO doesn't support caller-id when configured with MGCP. However, recently I found an update on the IOS of 2801 (our voice gateway) that added this functionality to the list of updates. The support starts with version 12.4(15xz) and the feature is Caller-ID on FXO for MGCP.

Now we are running Version 12.4(24)T on our router, and the "caller-id enable" is issued on all voice-ports, but I still cannot get it to work.

ANy idea?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
hfang Mon, 04/06/2009 - 17:33
User Badges:

The CCO doc needs to be updated. It provided conflict information.

The Caller-ID over FXO on MGCP gateway will be supported with CUCM version 8.0. Today the work around is to configure H323 GW instead of MGCP.

rayattechnology Tue, 04/07/2009 - 07:08
User Badges:

Well, this was a rally disappointment.

However, I guess we will need to wait for CUCM 8.0 to be release because we need to have three pools of lines and internal extensions to be mapped in-and-out together. And I didn't know how to do that with H323.

By the way, when will CUCM 8.0 be realesed?

hfang Mon, 04/13/2009 - 11:31
User Badges:

Base on my knowledge so far, the CUCM 8.0 release is targeting Sept/Oct 2009.

pragneshjamin Tue, 08/17/2010 - 20:34
User Badges:

Hello - I am running c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.150-1.M2.bin on 2921 Router (Gateway) and Communication Manager version: 8.0.2.40000-1, Caller-ID is still not working, is there any special configuration to make it work?

husali Wed, 08/18/2010 - 23:12
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Try enabling the Handset package on the gateway.

mgcp package-capability hs-package

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

Actions

This Discussion