Fax to email on PRI-DID issue

Unanswered Question
Mar 31st, 2009

Hello Cisco Community,

I am here with a problem regarding setting up fax to email on a DID using PRI.  I have searched the discussion section but couldn't find what I was looking for.  Hopefully someone here can shed some light on my issue.

I have read the Uc500_onramp.pdf file which was very helpful in getting me started.

My DID ends with 409 (carrier sends 3 digits) and my internal extension is 117.

Here is my current config -

voice translation-rule 409
rule 1 /^409/ /117/

voice translation-profile 409DID
translate called 409

service fax_detect flash:app_fax_detect.
  param fax-dtmf 2
  param mode listen-first
  param voice-dtmf 1

fax receive called-subscriber $d$
fax interface-type fax-mail
mta send server port 25
mta send with-subject both
mta send mail-from hostname UC520
mta send mail-from username $s$

dial-peer voice 222 pots
description ** my DID **
translation-profile incoming 409DID
service fax_detect
incoming called-number 409
port 0/3/0:23

dial-peer voice 300 mmoip
service fax_on_vfc_onramp_app out-bound
destination-pattern .
information-type fax
session target mailto:[email protected]

I have set the incoming FAX gateway to from the GUI.

When I use a separate fax machine to send a fax to my DID, it shows the DID being dialed on the status screen, then changes to 117, and it transmits the fax  successfully.  However, I do not receive the fax in my mailbox.  I have ran the - debug mmoip send email [email protected] command from CLI, and I do NOT get the e-mail.  I know that my SMTP(internal) server is working because I currently have voicemails attached as wav files being sent to the users' mailboxes.

Any help will be appreciated!  This is a nice feature and I want to have it available to our clients asap.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jyoopro4ia Thu, 04/02/2009 - 06:50

Hi Marcos,

I am using the same mailbox as the person's voicemail to email mailbox - not a separate mailbox for fax.  Faxing to that DID should send a fax to the same email address as if someone would leave a voicemail.

Fax enabled is definitely checked and I checked the mailbox properties after sending the fax and fax count is 0 for that mailbox.

Marcos Hernandez Mon, 04/06/2009 - 07:21

Can you try with the script indicated in the app note instead of the "fax detect" one? Let's make this work as documented first, and we will take it from there.

Let me know,

Marcos Hernandez Tue, 03/31/2009 - 20:02

Do you have separate mailboxes for fax? If so, are they enabled for notifications? Did you check the "fax enable" option? Finally, in the CUE reports, do you see faxes stored in the system?

Marcos Hernandez
Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.

This Discussion