Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CFB and XCODE doubt

Hi

I am with very very doubt about like cfb and xcode work.

First.

My customer need a conference with 18 people (meet me), so to this, I'm using CFB (of CCM/software).

On MRG there are: one CFB(CCM), one CFB(hardware/router).

So, the MRG use the first CFB on list. How can I do to select what CFB must be used? When meet me I like CFB(CCM) to others I like CFB(router)?

Thanks

Peterson

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

only audio CFB, that's why video endpoints need a separate MRGL which has video in 1st place. unless using 7.X of course, 7.X will choose the video conference if the parties are detected as video enabled

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

if they're in the same MRG you can't, they're used in a round robin fashion.

the way to choose them is to split them in separate MRG and then add them to MRGL in the order you want to use them

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi

But with MRGL and 2 MRG (round robin). 50% of meet me will use CFB(hardware).

Another situation.

I have CFB(router or software) and a MCU Cisco (CFB too). So I want that videoconferece use CFB of MCU and when conference call use CFB (router or software)

Thanks

Peterson

that's only possible if you have CUCM 7, it introduces intelligent bridge selection exactly for that. any previous release will work the same as i explained, <2 CFB in same MRG = round robin

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Java.

So, if I have a MRGL with 2 MRGs and the resource of the first fail. The second MRG will be used? This apply to CFB and XCODE? Like Route List and Route Group?

Thanks

Peterson

precisely, if it fails or already has all the resources in use then it checks the next MRG available and so on until it exhausts all options

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Java

Thank you very much!

A last question about it (i think).

2 MRGs

1º MRG with CFB (CallManager)

2º MRG with CFB (MCU Cisco)

1 MRGL with MRG 1 and 2.

So, I need a videoconference. The CallManager will try the 1st MRG (cfb/ccm). The conference will closed with audio just or the MRGL will try the 2nd MRG with MCU Cisco?

Thanks

Peterson

only audio CFB, that's why video endpoints need a separate MRGL which has video in 1st place. unless using 7.X of course, 7.X will choose the video conference if the parties are detected as video enabled

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: