Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 7.1: Caller ID on Intercom calls

gglynn
Level 1
Level 1

For CME 7.1,

What's up with button labels and Caller ID for intercom DNs? I'd like any user to be able to intercom any user, and have both users see the name of the other party on their phones. Right now, the caller ID says "INTERCOM" (like that, all capital letters), unless I use the "label" argument to the "intercom" command in the ephone-dn, in which case it just displays that label, and not the calling/called parties' names.

Is this just not possible, or am I missing something?

4 Replies 4

You may want to try whisper intercom instead of standard intercom if you're on CME 7.1 already.

hth,

nick

There are two problems with this:

1) Whisper intercom appears to suffer from the same label/name caller ID issues as the regular intercom.

2) This particular customer doesn't want whisper intercom functionality. If the called party is on the phone, they don't want to be able to barge in, even with one-way voice. In fact, they'd prefer to get a fast busy, instead of the neverending ring they currently get.

This sounds like it's a limitation of the intercom features.

You could try opening a TAC case to see if there's a more creative fix, but I wouldn't put a whole lot of faith in it.

Or, you could talk to your account team for a feature request (PERS).

-nick

eatkins01
Level 1
Level 1

I know this thread is very old, but I am suffering from this exact issue.

Whisper paging is the perfect solution for our customers needs and will be implementing it shortly.

However, do you know if there was ever a solution to the caller ID issue?

We have about 30 phones that will be able to whisper intercom into the front desk and getting the caller ID to display correctly would be a huge benefit.

-Eric

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: