Cisco Secuirty agent version 5.2

Unanswered Question
Mar 31st, 2009

I installed the cisco security agent version 5.2 on my windows xp machine, i am not in a server enviroment only at home. i go to control panel and try to remove it does nothing and then i try from the program files and try there nothing how do i get this off my system

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
tsteger1 Tue, 03/31/2009 - 16:29

It's not letting you uninstall it because it's either protecting itself or has been configured not to allow you to uninstall it.

Where did you get it and do you have a system tray icon?

tsteger1 Tue, 03/31/2009 - 16:54

It could be a standalone agent kit.

Right click on the flag and change the security level to off.

If that fails, open the agent panel and look at the status.

It should have Host name and some other info.

Post back what you find...

jeff-adair Wed, 04/01/2009 - 10:42

I started it and right click and yes i can turn it off and i can also just disabled the service under services? but that is not what i wnat to do i want to remove it off my system. i was simply curious about what this was and i really dont understand what it does, i know its for a client server architecture but what else is it for.

legassembly Wed, 04/01/2009 - 15:01

Open command prompt and type "net stop csagent", then uninstall from Add/Remove Programs.

If that fails, boot into safe mode and uninstall it.

CSA is an endpoint security application, including firewall, behavioral antivirus, rootkit protection, etc. Requires server to create and push policies.

tsteger1 Thu, 04/02/2009 - 07:15

If you cannot uninstall it with security off and the service stopped, manual uninstall in safe mode or re image the machine.

There is much documentation for CSA if you want to find our more without installing it.

This Discussion