unity 500 gui - hunt group to direct PSTN call to specific extension

Unanswered Question
Mar 31st, 2009

Hello .

I would like to know how to realise the following config on my cisco unity 520 device using the GUI .

- Configure hunt group so PSTN call are directed to a specific internal extension (4269)

- If this extension is busy then direct the call to another extension (4270)

- If both extension are busy then direct the call to internal voicemail (voicemail pilot is 4000)

Do I also need to configure the "incoming call handling" part under the "dial plan" tab , Ie configure a DID to extension 4269 ?

I have tried several configuration under the "voice feature" tab but no luck ....

Thanks

K.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Skyler Spence Tue, 03/31/2009 - 14:30

To configure this hunt group via CCA do the following:

Navigate to the 'Voice Features' tab which is located on the Configure->Telephony->Voice page

Here you will see a section labeled Hunt Group, check the Enable box here. You will want to enter the following values into the fields:

Pilot # should be the same length as your other extensions and should not already exist, example 5001

Hunt Type sequential

Members: click the members tab and first select ext. 4269 and click add, then do the same for ext. 4270

No Answer Forward to: Voicemail (ext 4000)

To have incoming calls automatically routed to this huntgroup, configure a DID mapping on the Dial Plan tab to map your main PSTN number to the hunt group pilot #.

sg_london Tue, 03/31/2009 - 22:04

hello.

Thanks for the quick reply but I hava attached here the exact window I am getting .

As you will see I dont have the "member tab" under the hunt group window . Is that because I am using an old CCA version ?

Thanks again

Regards.

D

Attachment: 
Skyler Spence Wed, 04/01/2009 - 07:33

Yes, this option appears in a later CCA version, I believe 1.9 though it may have been present earlier.  In general, I would recommend keeping up to date with CCA versions.  Information on upgrading can be found here https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-2227

If I remember correctly, for your version of CCA you will follow the same steps outlined before but instead of clicking on the 'members' button you will navigate to the 'users' tab.  There, click on the 'more' button next to the users you would like to add to the huntgroup.  Inside the window that pops up there will be an option to add this user to a huntgroup.

Actions

This Discussion