cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller on hold and hear other calls over the MOH

Googi1974
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts- Can anyone help to explain how this can happen?

We've had some reports from our callers that they are able to hear other conversations (our internal side) while waiting in queue over the MOH. Of course I cannot reproduce the problem at will. The hold steps are very straightforward in our queuing script. Of note is that one of the conversations was that of one of our users who is not even configured as an agent for IPCC. How can this happen?

Call Manager 4.2.3

IPCC Express 4.0(5)

Thank you in advance for any help,

Kelly

6 Replies 6

chadlincoln
Level 3
Level 3

Are you multicasting the MOH? If so, what IP/port?

Hi-

No multicast for MOH.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That's very unlikely from an IP side. I would be suspicious of the telco circuit, especially if they are analog.

There are no analog circuits involved in this scenario.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check out CSCsj99361,

This defect affects 7941 and 7961 phones, where duplicate RTP stream is being send to other phones. An ip phone will be left in a state such that it will continue to stream RTP packets out to a prior destination even after the call has finished. Every time the ip phone users is on a call, two RTP streams will be present both with the user's conversation audio.

HTH,

Chris

Many thanks! I'll check this out. This makes the most sense.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: