Backup Schedule Failed

Unanswered Question
Mar 31st, 2009
User Badges:

My LMS version is 3.0.1, running on windows system.

1. Last Backup Status is failed. From dbbackup.log it says that "ERROR(951): Fatal error: Database engine 'dfmEpmEng' could not be started on database 'dfmEpmDb' in Bulk mode.." How to fix it, so for next backup it will not failed again?

2. I am setting backup schedule for every day, but from the dbbackup.log, after backup complete (Fri Mar 27), why for the next backup started at (Mon Mar 30)? How to make sure that no one changed the backup schedule?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Joe Clarke Wed, 04/01/2009 - 09:34
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

It looks like either the EPM database is corrupt, or requires transaction log recovery. Shutdown Daemon Manager, then check NMSROOT\databases\dfmEpm. If a dfmEpm.log file exists, delete it. Then run:

NMSROOT\objects\db\win32\dbsrv9 -f NMSROOT\databases\dfmEpm\dfmEpm.db

Then restart Daemon Manager. If the backup reports the same error, you will need to reinitialize the dfmEpm database, or restore LMS from a known good backup. To reinitialize the dfmEpm database run:

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmEpm dmprefix=EPM

I cannot say why the backup didn't start on the 28th. Perhaps something with the Windows command scheduler was not working. You can run the Windows AT command to see the backup schedule on the system.

Actions

This Discussion