Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade to CCM 4.3 from CCM4.1

Hello everybody,

I need to upgrade to CCM 4.3(2) from CCM 4.1(3), any has already achieve it.

If possible give me step by step to do it as OS for CCM 4.3 is 2003.1.1.

I have another question, i've already installer a new CCM 4.3(2) in a new server, and i tried to import CCM (4.1(3)) Backup file but i got the message

"The Cisco Unified Communications archive appears to be version 4.1(3), whereas the installed Cisco Unified Communications is 4.3(2), you need to install Cisco Unified Communications 4.1(3) in order to restore this data.

"

whereas, the archive file was backup with the Cisco BARS 4.0.12.

Any Ideas????

Best Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

...from previous page.

Step 8 If you want to receive alerts when the pool non-paged memory usage reaches 75%, 90%, and 95% of the allocated memory size, enter the email server and email addresses to which you want the system to send alerts in the Non-Paged Pool Monitor Epage Service window.

The allocated space varies, depending on whether or not the \3GB switch exists for the NonpagePoolBytes parameter in the boot.ini file. If \3GB switch exists, the maximum value of non-paged pool memory equals 128 MB. If the \3GB switch does not exist, the maximum value of non-paged pool memory equals 256 MB.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note Note: You can changes the values that you enter after installation by editing the C:\Utils\ePageDetails.txt file.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 9 In the Customer Information window, the User Name and Organization that you entered during the operating system installation automatically display.

Cisco automatically populates the product key fields with the product key that you entered during the operating system installation. Click Next.

Step 10 In the Server type window, choose the Publisher radio button and click Next.

Step 11 In the Install type window, choose the Upgrade from 3.3, 4.0, 4.1, and 4.2 release radio button, enter the path to the Cisco Unified CallManager backup file in the Backup Archive File field, and click Next.

The system validates the archive file.

Step 12 In the Administrator Password / Private Password window, do the following tasks:

a. Enter the administrator password.

b. Enter the private password phrase for the cluster; then, reenter the password for confirmation.

c. Click Next.

Step 13 In the Database passwords window, do the following tasks:

a. Enter the SQL System Administrator (SA) password; then, reenter it for confirmation.

b. Enter a Directory Manager password; then, reenter it for confirmation.

c. Click Next.

Step 14 To begin the installation, click Install.

Step 15 To reboot the server and continue with the installation, click OK.

Step 16 After the server reboots, log in to the Windows Administrator account.

The installation begins. The status window opens and displays the progress of the installation. Do not click Cancel.

Note The progress of the status bar may reset as each software package is being installed and as the installation program configures your machine. You may see the installation program reset the status bar multiple times. Do not reboot the server unless the installation prompts you to do so.

Step 17 After the DC Directory installation completes, a message indicates that you must reboot to continue the installation. Click OK.

The system reboots and the InstallShield Wizard window displays.

Step 18 Click Finish.

A message indicates that you must reboot to continue the installation.

Step 19 To reboot the server, click OK.

Step 20 After the server reboots, log in to the Windows Administrator account.

The Cisco IP Telephony Backup and Restore System (BARS) restores the database from the backup file archive. After the restore completes, the Cisco Unified CallManager installation begins again.

Step 21 When the installation completes, click Finish.

Step 22 To reboot the server, click Yes.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi NAOUFAL,

This upgrade will need to be performed in two stages because of the Hardware replacement. This first stage will be to upgrade the current CUCM 4.1(3) Pub to 4.3(2) this is the point at which the Data MIgration will take place, here is the section of the install that refers to this (you can't just take the CUCM 4.1(3) BARS Backup and Restore on the new 4.3(2) build);

Step 10 In the Server type window, choose the Publisher radio button and click Next.

Step 11 In the Install type window, choose the Upgrade from 3.3, 4.0, 4.1, and 4.2 release radio button, enter the path to the Cisco Unified CallManager backup file in the Backup Archive File field, and click Next.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/4_3_1/upgrfrom.html#wp1039540

Then you would have to follow the steps in this doc to move the Data to the newly built 4.3(2) Publisher;

Upgrading Cisco Unified CallManager Release 4.3(1)

Replacing Servers During the Upgrade

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/4_3_1/replace.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

First, thank you a lot for your reply.

But i'm still confused with replacement server.

Because i installed i new CCM 4.3(2) server, and i did a backup for (old) Call Manager 4.1(3) database with BARS 4.0.12.

Then I installed BARS 4.0.12 on the (new) CCM 4.3(2), but when i tried to restore the archive file i got the message

"The Cisco Unified Communications archive appears to be version 4.1(3), whereas the

installed Cisco Unified Communications is 4.3(2), you need to install Cisco Unified

Communications 4.1(3) in order to restore this data.

"

Any ideas?

Thank you

Hi NAOUFAL,

The problem here is that you are trying to go straight to Stage two of this process :( The key part of the previous post is this **"(you can't just take the CUCM 4.1(3) BARS Backup and Restore on the new 4.3(2) build)"**

During the first Stage (upgrade on existing Publisher) is when you will be asked to choose the version you are upgrading from (in your case 4.1(3))see Step 11 below. And your BARS Backup will be used here**

This first stage will be to upgrade the current CUCM 4.1(3) Pub to 4.3(2) this is the point at which the Data MIgration will take place, here is the section of the install that refers to this );

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/4_3_1/upgrfrom.html#wp1039540

Then you would have to follow the steps in this doc to move the Data to the newly built 4.3(2) Publisher;

Upgrading Cisco Unified CallManager Release 4.3(1)

Replacing Servers During the Upgrade

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/4_3_1/replace.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

You said "

During the first Stage (upgrade on existing Publisher) is when you will be asked to choose the version you are upgrading from (in your case 4.1(3))see Step 11 below. And your BARS Backup will be used here**

This first stage will be to upgrade the current CUCM 4.1(3) Pub to 4.3(2) this is the point at which the Data MIgration will take place, here is the section of the install that refers to this );"

But i thinks a I have to upgrade the OS 2000.2.7 to 2003.1.4 first and thes proceed the upgrade for the CCM 4.1(3) to CCM 4.3(2), it's that right??

because i tried to upgrade the CCM to 4.3(2) and i got the message that the OS minumum required for this installation is OS 2003.1.1

It's that correct??

Thank you in advance.

Naoufal

Hi Naoufal,

That is correct :)

Here are the Steps listed in the first doc I linked (these would be performed on your existing 4.1(3) Publisher;

Run the Cisco Unified CallManager Upgrade Assistant Utility on All Servers in the Cluster (Strongly Recommended)

Install the Operating System to Cisco-Provided Version 2003.1.1 (or Later) (Required)

Cisco requires that you install the Cisco Unified Communications operating system version 2003.1.1 (or later) with the latest service release before you upgrade to Cisco Unified CallManager Release 4.3(1).

Install and Configure Cisco IP Telephony Backup and Restore System (BARS) Version 4.0(12) (or Later) (Required)

If you have not already done so, Cisco requires that you install and configure the backup utility on the publisher database server.

Copy the Backup File to the Cisco Unified CallManager Server (Recommended)

Copy the backup tar file from the remote location where you stored the file to the local hard disk of the Cisco Unified CallManager server so that you can easily access the backup file during the restore process. (Recommended)

Removing a Drive, Inserting a Replacement Drive, and Drive Mirroring (Strongly Recommended)

Item Needed: Newly Purchased Hard Drive

You cannot remove a drive if you have the Cisco MCS-7815, MCS-7820, MCS-7822, or MCS-7825 Cisco Unified CallManager appliances, or the customer-provided IBM xSeries 330 server.

After you verify that you have a good backup of the data, you can remove a drive to save configured data; however, you must insert a replacement drive into the server before you begin the operating system procedures. This task may require that you purchase a new drive.

**Upgrading Related Cisco CallManager Services and Detecting the Server (Required)

Continue the upgrade by performing the following procedure.

Note Critical third-party components that are required and installed by Cisco Unified CallManager might require multiple reboots during installation, and you may need to manually restart the installation program and reenter the configuration data.

Procedure

Step 1 If you did not log in to the server after the operating system upgrade, log in to the server by using the Administrator password.

Step 2 Locate the Cisco Unified CallManager 4.3 Installation, Upgrade, and Recovery Disk and insert it into the drive.

The installation process automatically starts.

Tip Do not remove the disk until you are directed to do so by procedure.

Step 3 To confirm the version of Cisco Unified CallManager from which you are upgrading and the version to which you are upgrading, click Yes.

Step 4 To confirm that you have disabled antivirus and intrusion detection software, click Yes.

Step 5 To confirm that you might be prompted to reboot the server and reenter configuration data multiple times for Cisco Unified CallManager to install critical third-party components, click OK.

Step 6 In the Welcome window, click Next.

Step 7 Accept the Cisco Unified CallManager license agreement by clicking the I accept the terms in the license agreement radio button; then, click Next.

...continued on next page.

...from previous page.

Step 8 If you want to receive alerts when the pool non-paged memory usage reaches 75%, 90%, and 95% of the allocated memory size, enter the email server and email addresses to which you want the system to send alerts in the Non-Paged Pool Monitor Epage Service window.

The allocated space varies, depending on whether or not the \3GB switch exists for the NonpagePoolBytes parameter in the boot.ini file. If \3GB switch exists, the maximum value of non-paged pool memory equals 128 MB. If the \3GB switch does not exist, the maximum value of non-paged pool memory equals 256 MB.

Note Note: You can changes the values that you enter after installation by editing the C:\Utils\ePageDetails.txt file.

Step 9 In the Customer Information window, the User Name and Organization that you entered during the operating system installation automatically display.

Cisco automatically populates the product key fields with the product key that you entered during the operating system installation. Click Next.

Step 12 In the Administrator Password / Private Password window, do the following tasks:

a. Enter the administrator password.

b. Enter the private password phrase for the cluster; then, reenter the password for confirmation.

c. Click Next.

Step 13 In the Database passwords window, do the following tasks:

a. Enter the SQL System Administrator (SA) password; then, reenter it for confirmation.

b. Enter a Directory Manager password; then, reenter it for confirmation.

c. Click Next.

Step 14 To begin the installation, click Install.

Step 15 To reboot the server and continue with the installation, click OK.

Step 16 After the server reboots, log in to the Windows Administrator account.

The installation begins. The status window opens and displays the progress of the installation. Do not click Cancel.

Note The progress of the status bar may reset as each software package is being installed and as the installation program configures your machine. You may see the installation program reset the status bar multiple times. Do not reboot the server unless the installation prompts you to do so.

Step 17 After the DC Directory installation completes, a message indicates that you must reboot to continue the installation. Click OK.

The system reboots and the InstallShield Wizard window displays.

Step 18 Click Finish.

A message indicates that you must reboot to continue the installation.

Step 19 To reboot the server, click OK.

Step 20 After the server reboots, log in to the Windows Administrator account.

The Cisco IP Telephony Backup and Restore System (BARS) restores the database from the backup file archive. After the restore completes, the Cisco Unified CallManager installation begins again.

Step 21 When the installation completes, click Finish.

Step 22 To reboot the server, click Yes.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi,

Thank you a lot Rob, you're very helpful i rated the post.

Sincerely

Hi Naoufal,

You are most welcome my friend! Glad to be of some small help.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: