Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with Incoming VoIP Dial-Peer

Hello,

I'm having problems when I use an incoming VoIP dial-peer instead of using Default dial-peer 0. A lot of calls are rejected with SIP 488 Not acceptable here - SDP-NOT-SUPPORTED.

I'm using SIP as Signaling Protocol.

dial-peer voice 97 voip

description INCOMING

incoming called-number 7..........$

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

fax-relay ecm disable

fax rate 9600

fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 2 hs-redundancy 0 fallback pass-through g711alaw

no vad

Help. Any clues?

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The reason this is happening is because dial peer 0 supports all codecs by default. This dial peer is only going to accept G.729 calls, because that's the default codec for voip dial peers.

You would either want to configure the 'codec ' that the other side is wanting to use, or set up a voice-class codec with the codecs you'll accept.

That or they're sending something funky like SRTP, but if dial peer 0 is working this probably isn't the case.

-nick

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hi,

The reason this is happening is because dial peer 0 supports all codecs by default. This dial peer is only going to accept G.729 calls, because that's the default codec for voip dial peers.

You would either want to configure the 'codec ' that the other side is wanting to use, or set up a voice-class codec with the codecs you'll accept.

That or they're sending something funky like SRTP, but if dial peer 0 is working this probably isn't the case.

-nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: