cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UPC<UserID> Invaild Characters

andres.lara
Level 1
Level 1

I have deployed CUPS 7.0.3.10000-63 and am encountering a problem when adding CUPC as a soft phone. Our userIDs consist of our firstname.lastname, for example, joe.dirt, but it seems that "." is an invalid character. Is this true and if so is there a work around.

4 Replies 4

andres.lara
Level 1
Level 1

I forgot to mention that UPCJOEDIRT is fine, but UPCJOE.DIRT is not allowed due to invalid characters.

that is it, you can only enter CAPS.

Cisco explicitly specify this:

tep 1 Choose Device > Phone.

Step 2 In the Find and List Phones window, click Add New.

Step 3 In the Add a New Phone window, in the Phone Type drop-down list, select Cisco Unified Personal Communicator, and click Next.

Step 4 In the Phone Configuration window, in the Device Information section, perform these steps:

a. In the Device Name field, specify the soft-phone device name according to these guidelines:

-It must match the user name.

-It must start with UPC.

-It must contain the letters A through Z and numerals 0 through 9, ignoring all other characters.

-It can contain 12 additional characters after UPC.

See Table 2-3 for examples.

source:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cupc/1_1/english/installation/guide/prep.html#wp1049841

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

check this: CSCsx97062

Its a problem with naming convention.

There are two ES posted to CCO.

The current ES release is 7.0.3.10103.2

this one contain the fix for ddts since its cumulative, i mean previous Es contains this fix.

I will try this. I found it suprising that the period was not supported in the device name since it consists of UPC.