cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call handler in Unity transfer goes to mailbox greeting instead of ringing

sienz.sienz
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to create call handler with inputs like press 1 for ext. 1111, press 2 for ext. 2222 and so on.

I have done with it but when I tried it, it went straight to the 1111 mailbox greeting. It does not ring to 1111 phone. I have checked that 1111 phone is not forwarded to VM. I tried to several different ext. and all of them went straight to VM.

In the Caller input I choose “Send caller to” and “subscriber” and then “attempt transfer for xxxx”

Should it ring to the phone first then to VM???

We have another Cisco system in the other site and I built the same call handler. And this time it rings to the phones then goes to VM.

I want to ring to the phone first then goes to VM. What would be the problem?

Please help, thanks.

Sienz

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the subscribers have configured under transfer options to go directly to VM, change it to ring the phone

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

This is default behavior. The Alternate call transfer rule is enabled by default for all subscribers, which overrides any other greetings (standard,closed) that may be configured.

Call transfer rules by default are all configured for "send directly to greeting". You will need to select "yes, ring extension for ". If you have many users to perform this on, you can use Bulk Edit.

Hope that helps,

Brad

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the subscribers have configured under transfer options to go directly to VM, change it to ring the phone

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks, I will try to look for it tomorrow. Is it by default?

My other system is ringing to the phone.

This is default behavior. The Alternate call transfer rule is enabled by default for all subscribers, which overrides any other greetings (standard,closed) that may be configured.

Call transfer rules by default are all configured for "send directly to greeting". You will need to select "yes, ring extension for ". If you have many users to perform this on, you can use Bulk Edit.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: