cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cluster Communication Service Port?

Jason Meyer
Level 1
Level 1

I have two C600s using Centralized Management. One has Cluster Communication Service active on port 2222 and the other does NOT have Cluster Communication Service active. Both appliances do have SSH enabled on port 22. Centralized Management is working and I find no errors. The cluster has been active for a few years.

My question is I recently had a Cluster Inconsitency problem and I am now reviewing how the Cluster Communication Service is working. I'm not sure if it is using Port 2222 or 22.

Any ideas or comments?

1 Reply 1

steven_geerts
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

The cluster communication is nothing more that SSH traffic. (Ok.. which an be any traffic in a tunnel)
We are using the TCP2222 port but if I remember the manual correct there is even a notice that customers are advised to use the standard SSH interface in stead of the CCS interface.
I'm not sure what is behind that advice, maybe someone from HQ can clear this up and give me an argument to migrate from CCS to SSH..

Steven

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: