cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clients freezing up

michaelcoffey
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone experienced a situation where clients freeze ? The systems in question simply freeze (not bluescreen)and will unfreeze if you remove the wireless adapter. I have listed a couple details about the symptoms below:

1. Occurs on more than one type of client adapter. Proxim a/b/g gold and Intel 2200bg

2. After freezing if you unseat the adapter it will release the operating system (WinXPSP2) and if you reseat it the wireless will re-associate.

3. We have multiple sites that are affected and different code levels on our controllers. (3.2.193.10 and 5.0)

4. The problem is very sporadic and only occurs a couple of times a day on varying clients.

I believe this to be a client issue but I need to prove it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Get another WLAN NIC and check it out. I don't think this has anything to do with Cisco's product. More to do with firmware.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Does this occur when the client roams to another ap or when they are just sitting there? Depending on the client device, try to upgrading to the latest driver release or comapre the driver versions of the devices that are affected the most with the devices that seem to not have any issues. Verify the settings on the client device too. On the WLC side, you can try to tweak some stuff like making sure that 1 and 2 mbps data rates are enabled, disable aironet IE, make sure dhcp required is not checked. Another thing you can try is to play around with the session timeouts on the wlan. Try to set it to the max which is something like 65535 or something like that and ses if any of these help.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card