Helpful
Replies

Port-Channel config question

astanislaus
Level 2
Level 2

Two questions:

==============

1) What is the simplest Cisco switch I can get to do Port-Channel config and test with a 3rd party switch (Extreme Switch) at remote end. -

CAT 2950 or 3550 or 3750 and exact WS- number please?

2) I cannot find one example of Port-Channel config on Cisco site where the ports in the group are all just access ports only. I don't need trunking at all. I need to put say 2 access ports in one Port-Channel.

So will this work?

Interface Port-Channel1

switch port mode access

no shut

Interface Fastethernt0/1

switch port mode acess

channel-group 1

no shut

!

Interface Fastethernt0/2

switch port mode acess

channel-group 1

no shut

Will above config just put Interfaces Fastethernet0/1 and Fastethernet0/2 into channel-group 1 and carry only VLAN1 which is the default VLAN with no tagging at all.

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1) What is the simplest Cisco switch I can get to do Port-Channel config and test with a 3rd party switch (Extreme Switch) at remote end

WS-C2950, WS-C2960, WS-C2970, WS-C2975, WS-C3550, WS-C3560, WS-C3750 series family of switches.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have borrowed a WS-C3560-24PS and done the following in order to be able to connect to 3rd party switch running LACP.

I want to carry only VLAN 1 sata across Fastethernet0/20 and Fastethernet0/21.

I don't want any trinking.

Hope this should work:

interface Port-channel10

switchport mode access

switch port access vlan 1

no shut

!

!

interface FastEthernet0/20

switchport mode access

channel-group 10 mode active

no shut

!

!

interface FastEthernet0/21

switchport mode access

channel-group 10 mode active

no shut

!

!

grplante
Level 1
Level 1

Check out this link, it is for the 6500, but should cover most IOS based swithces.

Because you are connecting to a non-Cisco switch you have to use LACP for the channel protocol. This is because PAgP, which is Cisco Native, is a Cisco Protocol.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/catos/7.x/configuration/guide/channel.html#wp1027322

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanks for the ratings.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card