Views
Helpful
Replies

Daemon Manager not responding

klepikov_a
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I migrated LMS 3.1 to new server. First, I made a backup of LMS data. Then I made clean LMS install on new server and restored data from backup with restorebackup.pl

New server starts more than 1 hour, and some application (RME and I think something else) does not start. I can't get processes list. In jrm.log I see

Job 1522 Instance 1227 cannot unregister:Daemon Manager not responding

Command net stop crmdmgtd runs without a problem. Firewall is completely disabled.

Server runs under Windows 2003 Server SP2 R2. The difference between servers is that on old server LMS was installed in C:\Program Files\CSCOpx and on new server it is installed in D:\Program Files\CSCOpx .

Is there a way to fix this problem? Thank you!

2 Replies 2

MICHEL.HEGERAAT
Level 1
Level 1

The different path should not be an issue

Did you uninstall the old LMS? If not you may need to clean the registry.

Does the machine meet the minimum specs?

You may wish to delete the mentioned jobs. If these are scheduled jobs like config or inventory collection you may need to recreate them.

Cheers,

Michel

I did a clean install on a new server. Server was completely empty.

Yes, machine meets the minimum specs.

The problem is not in jobs, I think - look what I just found in CmfDbMonitor.log :

CmfDbMonitor {Thu Apr 02 12:08:48 2009} Running DbMonitor version 2.1

CmfDbMonitor {Thu Apr 02 12:08:49 2009} Sending Initial OK Message to process manager.

CmfDbMonitor ERROR {Thu Apr 02 12:13:49 2009} Get reply for process failed

CmfDbMonitor WARNING {Thu Apr 02 12:13:49 2009} Unable to obtain process id for 'CmfDbEngine'.

CmfDbMonitor WARNING {Thu Apr 02 12:13:49 2009} Failed to check processes on Daemon Manager.