cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Initiate test outbound call from Cube router

wilson_1234_2
Level 3
Level 3

Can you initiate a test outbound call from the IP2IP Gateway router terminating a SIP trunk?

I just need to initiate a call outbound onto the SIP trunk, it doesn't matter if the other end answers.

We have a failover scenario and I need to initiate a call from one site, then the other for testing prior to having this in our production.

I would like to initiate it from the router.

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can use the command "csim start ". This is a hidden command in IOS.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

You may find csim start to work, but generally it doesn't work for IP trunks. It's an older command that assumes you have a analog connection.

Best way is to configure it for CME and register a phone to it. But if you don't have a phone, you're kind of out of luck.

I do a lot of voice troubleshooting, and I can count the number of times csim start has been helpful on one hand.

-nick

Good tip, Nick. I do normally use csim start to test analog connections and it works great. I assumed it would work on IP connections as well.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: