cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change MOH to informational Message

scuzzlightyear
Level 1
Level 1

I would like the ability to make recordings that would replace MOH and would air when we place telephone enquirers on hold?

The recording would consist of a brief message on an upcoming event or

reference our website address - and would replace the usual annoying

'hold music' !! Is this feasible without an external audio source and how would I go about doing this. What are the limitations in doing this. Appreciate comments. Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Hello,

This is most certainly possible. You would have to record a wav file, and place in the proper directory to be translated (C:\Program Files\Cisco\MOH\DropMOHAudioSourceFilesHere), then it can be added to call manager as a MOH audio source.

Creating Audio Sources

When the music on hold server downloads audio source files, the \Program Files\Cisco\MOH directory stores the files. Do not manipulate this directory in any way: if files are updated or placed in this directory, the system overwrites or ignores them.

Most standard wav and mp3 files serve as valid input audio source files.

From this good doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_1_3/ccmfeat/fsmoh.html#wp1027454

Hope that helped, if so please rate.

Hi Kenneth,

Thks for the reply, We are using CUCM Business Edition 6.1(2) - Linux appliance

I know there is a usb sound card that can be purchased to connect to an external fixed device or MoH server. MOH is currently streaming from the appliance, do you know howto configure this version?

Thks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: