cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN 3002 tracert

michaelbrunton
Level 1
Level 1

I have a VPN 3002 configured for network extension mode connecting to an ASA. The connection works fine. But we have an application that use tracert to verify the client is accessable (SMS remote control) before you can connect. The problem is that when i tracert to a client that is behind the 3002 device

I get a request timed out * hop. Then it completes on the 3rd.

Is this normal behavior for a VPN 3002? I have other remote users using the Cisco VPN client and the traces work fine.

How can get it to trace with no requests timed out?

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

Traceroute requires Sun Microsystems Javaâ„¢ Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.4.1 or later. If you do not have JRE installed, do not attempt to run this feature. Running Traceroute without JRE causes the VPN Concentrator Manager to fail.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn3000/vpn3000_47/administration/guide/tracert.html#wpxref70048

The device that is connecting (VPN) to the ASA is a VPN 3002 hardware client. I have no options on the client to create a filter rule.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: