cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FWSM Archive Management

Bruce Summers
Level 1
Level 1

I'm again needing some assistance on this issue.

I finally got the SNMP running to perform inventory on FWSM, but am now running into an issue with Config Archive. I'm SSH'n directly to the FWSM (no session to context) via IP. The error from RME is:

"CM0151 PRIMARY RUNNING Config fetch failed for FWSM_Slot_# Cause: Could not enter ENABLE Mode from USER Mode on Device.TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to <IP ADDRESS> - Cause: connect timed out."

I'm not sure why TELNET is being referenced. SSH is my primary connection method and works fine when accessing the FWSM directly via putty/ssh session.

Please see the attached excerpt from "sho log" while performing a sync archive. Also attached is the dcmaservice.log produced using debug mode.

I cant ascertain from either of these 2 logs, what is preventing the entry into privledge mode.

thanks Bruce

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is CSCsx69504 and CSCsy24049. A patch for both is available from TAC.

ahhh...thanks J, appreciate the info...I'll engage TAC...

Bruce

hey J,

I engaged TAC, and as yet, they have not provided the patches...the engineer I'm working with advises (since April 2) "the development team is researching the problem".

Is the patch you referrenced for general "consumption"?

thanks

Bruce

Yes. The patch has been shown to work in quite a few customer environments.

thanks for the info...guess i'll just have to standby until they finish...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: