Tanked my CCDA exam.

Unanswered Question
Apr 2nd, 2009

I got my CCNA back in February using the Cisco Press CCNA Phase1+2, 3+4, books. After that I decided to just roll into studying for CCDA. I bought the Cisco Press third edition book by A. Bruno. I pretty much read the book front to back twice and last night I took the 265 question exam on the CD and finished with a 90%. Needless to say, I took the test this morning and have never been so defeated. I failed with a 595. This book doesn't hit on much of ANYTHING on the test. Has anyone else taken this test? Using this book to study? Interested to hear someone elses take. I just dumped $150 on the test, $40 on the book, and 2 months of solid studying :(

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
scottmac Thu, 04/02/2009 - 16:05

The design tests are not so much of a question/response/memorization type test.

They tend to be more like a "here's a problem, what's the (Cisco) way to resolve it" or "what equipment is needed to fill this role (or in this part of the network.

Some thought, in addition to some memorization, is required.

Keep at it, Good Luck!

pkurdziel Fri, 04/03/2009 - 07:44

I took this test a few years ago and before I took someone gave me some great advice. Draw out the topology for the questions. Each topology will have a few questions and you can refer to your diagram. This really helped me.

sam.lakey Fri, 04/10/2009 - 09:42

If misery love company, then I too failed the DA test. I read both Cisco Press books, the self study and the Exam preporation one, studied for 5 months, got a 760. I'm finding it hard to find the answers to some of the questions I believe I got wrong as I think they were on applying the knowledge to a particular problem. There was some material better explained in one book over the other.

This Discussion