Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

GD CVP MicroApp Error Generated on No Entry

So, the MicroApp works just fine, however if there's a no entry, it generates an error in the CVP logs. The error talks about a "[NO_ENTRY(17)]". Is there a way to suppress this error?

Thank you,

david

5 Replies 5

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

No. We are of like minds - and it's a total bummer.

What happens is customers coming from an old IVR school seem to want menus constructed like:

"Press 1 to use our automated system, or just stay on the line to talk to a customer service agent".

I hate these indecisive menus, but I get them all the time. The only time a "NO ENTRY" is really appropriate, in my opinion, is to deal with rotary phones (there are still some in Canada).

But with microapps (either M or GD) you can set the number of no entry tries to 1 and supply a silence.wav as the _no_entry_error.wav to supress the standard "please make a selection" - and catch the error 17 out of the "Run Ext Script" and carry on.

If you have a lot of these, as I do at one customer, the CVP log files fill up with these errors and you can't find real errors.

It would be a most sensible enhancement to enable these to be supressed. Are you listening, Cisco?

Regards,

Geoff

I was afraid of that. :( Oh well, I love me some clean logs, but I guess the CVP logs are not going to fall under that category. Thanks Geoff.

david

Hello Cisco,

Do we need to raise a TAC case to get this enchamentment initiated to supress this error?

We have an obscene number of these "ERRORS" in a customer CVP logs. They clearly are not errors.

It makes it difficult as Geoff has already stated to spot any actual errors.

Please can we get a response?

Gerard.

You could just delete them from the logs when viewing them.  I don't see Cisco making this change any time soon.

david

David,

You are probably correct. It might take Cisco a long time to put in this sort of enchament. I have no expectation that it will be done soon.

However I have raised a partnership request to see if / when it can be done, ast least for future CVP implemetations.

I do think Cisco should implement these sort of enchaments as they are important.

As a workaround I have created a simple batch file to filter out these errors from the syslog log file.

See attached.

Regards,

Gerard.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: