cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DST patch for CSCsy25150 bug is 6.1.3.3190-1???

kking2008
Level 1
Level 1

A new (non-ES) 6.1.3 update is available as of March 31st of 2009. This version shows up in the FIXED-IN column of the CSCsy25150 bug description. But the Field notice FN63213 doesn't make me feel confident that this is the full fix.

I guess my question would be does 6.1.3.3190-1 (6.1.3bSU1) fix only the March DST issue, or the November one too?

There is little reason to apply a March 8 thru 15 fix now that we are past Mar 15, so I would like to think that this is the bugfix for all known DST problems.

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kasey,

You are most correct! This will not fix the November DST changeover. I would wait until the "fix" is released :)

Workaround #3:

Apply a patch from Cisco.com. This patch works on all Versions of CUCM 5.x-7.x

Software Download Center path:

Voice and Unified Communications > Cisco Unified Communications Manager

Version 7.0 > Unified Communications Manager/CallManager Utilities > UCM COP

Files

Hyperlink:

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/ImageList.x?relVer=UCM+COP+Files&mdfid=281941895&sftType=Unified+Communications+Manager%2FCallManager+Utilities&optPlat=&nodecount=2&edesignator=null&modelName=Cisco+Unified+Communications+Manager+Version+7...

The same patch file is used for all versions of CUCM Versions 5.x-7.x

Do not install this patch on subscriber server. It is for publisher only.

A new patch has been released. The original patch documentation advised to only install on publisher. However, some users attempted patch subscribers and an extermely few of those experienced catastrophic failure. That failure is captured in CSCsy33380.

The original patch and corresponding md5hash were:

ciscocm.dst_march_2009.cop.sgn d4f5e2562982f9fdaf4446be2ae08df1

The new patch and corresponding md5hash are:

ciscocm.dst1_march_2009.cop.sgn d60c522e294a3ca9e7cceaeda51dc181

A Field Notice is posted on this issue here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/ts/fn/632/fn63213.html

Please follow the steps listed in the Field Notice to follow up if you have questions.

Further Information:

The workaround is only a patch to correct time issues for the week of

March 8 - March 15, 2009 for US

March 15 - March 22, 2009 for Argentina

Any timezone which changes on Friday or Saturday is actually addressed by CSCsy33379.

After that time will be correct until DST ends in November. Additional permanent fixes will be released later this year to correct DST fallback in November and to remove changes for this specific patch so that DST will begin and end correctly correctly in 2010.

Further permanent fixes are forthcoming.

Hope this helps!

Rob

So, how do you know? It would seem to me that the FIXED-IN column should show the release that FIXES the issue. What other indicator can we use to determine a version that contains the fix?

Hi Kasey,

Good question! Your best bet besides viewing the Bug Toolkit over and over, would be to subscribe to the Product Alert Tool, the link is on the bottom of the Field Notice Page. It works pretty well and keeps you informed on some of these topics;

Receive Email Notification For New Field Notices

Product Alert Tool - Set up a profile to receive email updates about reliability, safety, network security, and end-of-sale issues for the Cisco products you specify.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: