cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Polycom SoundStation IP 7000

Jason Bree
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to install several Polycom SoundStation IP 7000 on our Call Manager 6.1. We created an AD account that is the same as the DN. We built a SIP realm and set the digest credentials.

The phone tries to register to Call Manager but gets rejected. I am sure we are missing something simple.

Anyone have any luck with this?

Thanks

Jason

10 Replies 10

Steffen.Baier
Level 1
Level 1

It's actually very easy ;-)

I only used it with the built in User facility within CUCM.

When adding a User i usually use it's DDI as the Name for the User ID. The Pin that you add in there is the Authentication Password.

It's important to select this User (or your mapped AD) within the Sip Section as Owner User ID and Digest User.

These fields are not mandatory but if you miss them out the Registration get's recected.

On the Phone itself you only configure the Address of the CUCM and then Address (= CUCM User ID) and the Auth. User ID (= CUCM User ID) and the Auth Password (the PIN you added when creating the User in CUCM).

Good Luck

Steffen

Anyone have a step-by-step to configure the cucm 6.x and the phone?

I can't make the phone to register on the CUCM 6.1.I did the following configurations on the CUCM:

1 - created de ccm user and pin

2 - Added the phone sip no cucm

3 - select user on the phone configuration screen "Owner User ID"

4 - select digest user

I did the following configurations on the phone:

1 - on the network configuration menu

a)dhcp on

b)server menu: server address ip cucm tftp

c)server type: Trivial FTP

d)server user and pass: user id on the cucm

2 - on the sip configuration menu

a)server address: cucm tftp

b)port: 5060 (default)

c)transport:udp only

Help!

Here is the config I used on our IP 7000s

one thing to note is that callmanger will not act as a tftp server for the sip phone. You may have to edit your digit map and digit map timeout to match your dial patterns.

Settings on the IP 7000

Time Server

time server IP

Network RTP

user priority 5

Ip TOS precedence 5

Call control

user priority 3

Ip TOS precedence 3

other protocalls

user priority 2

Sip Servers

Outbound Proxy

IP of callmanager with sip running

udponly

Server 1

IP of callmanager with sip running

udponly

Local Settings

Digit map 911|91[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|9[2-9]xxxxxx|[2-8]xxxxxx|9011.T|9.[4-9]11|*590091[2-9]xxxxxxxxx

Digit map timeout

3|3|3|3|3|3|3|

Line

Identification

Display name: DN

address: DN

Auth User ID: DN

Auth Password: user pin

label: description

Third Pary Name: DN@callmanager ip

Calls Per line: 3

thank you for your reply!

Sorry by my low knowledge about this, but where i change this options?

Time Server

time server IP

Network RTP

user priority 5

Ip TOS precedence 5

Call control

user priority 3

Ip TOS precedence 3

other protocalls

user priority 2

Local Settings

Digit map 911|91[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|9[2-9]xxxxxx|[2-8]xxxxxx|9011.T|9.[4-9]11|*590091[2-9]xxxxxxxxx

Digit map timeout

3|3|3|3|3|3|3|

We have the sip version on the phone:

Label: SIP

Version : 3.0.2.0580

p/n: 3150-11530--302

Callmanager System version: 6.1.3.3190-1

Very tks!!!

If you http to the phone you can change all of those settings. The time server is under General and then time. The QoS is under network. and the Local settings are under SIP. The line has the DN information

Before you ask:

Username: Admin

Password: 456

Works! Works! Works!

Thank you very much climbingfool!

I was making correct, but were lacking configure "Third Party Name" (extension@ip of callmanager). By example: 3553@10.236.25.11

STEP-BY-STEP:

Configuration on the Callmanager:

1 - Add a new End User

The User ID can reflect the SIP Extension that will be assigned to the Polycom SoundPoint® IP or SoundStation® IP.

If the Customer uses Active Directory or does not want to use numerical User ID's a alpha numerical entry (name etc) can be created.

• A minimum 5 Digit Password must be used. This Password is only used CCM© internally

• Example: 12345

• The same Value is used for the PIN.

• The Pin is the authentication Password used on the SoundStation® IP or SoundPoint® IP Phone.

• The Last Name Entry is used to identify this User and is mandatory

2 - On the Cisco Call Manager© click on Device and select Phone.

3 - Click on Add New and select a Third Party Sip Device (Basic) and click on Next to proceed

4 - Add the Mac Address of the SoundPoint® IP or SoundStation® IP Phone and ensure that you select the Phone Button Template as highlighted and the Owner User ID should reflect the User Id (case sensitive) that you have assigned to the User.

5 - Then choose the Device Security Profile, SIP Profile and the Digest User is the User Id (case sensitive) that you have assigned to the User and press save to store this Information within the Cisco Call Manager©.

6 - Click on Add a new DN Button in order to assign the Selected SIP Extension

7 - Add the desired SIP Extension and add the Alerting Name

8 - The Display (Caller ID) and ASCII Display (internal Caller ID) is a feature that displays the added entry on Cisco© Phones when they receive a call from a Polycom SoundStation® IP or SoundPoint® IP.

9 - After this finalize this process via clicking on the Save Button.

Configuration on the Polycom® Phone Menu:

1 Press the Menu Button

2 Choose (3) Settings

3 Choose (2) Advanced

4 Password is 456

5 Choose (1) Admin Settings

6 Choose (2) SIP Configuration

7 Select Server and add the IP Address of the Cisco Call Manager on the “Address” field.

Select port:5060, Transport: "UDP Only" and Register:"Yes"

8 Press “Back”

9 Select “Outbound Proxy” and add the IP Address of the Cisco Call Manager on the “Address” field. Select port:5060, Transport: "UDP Only".

10 Press “Back

11 Confirm this selection and scroll down to "Line"...:

• Enter a Display Name

• Add the Extension that was added within the Call Manager Menu as the "Address". Example: if the extension number (dn) is 3553, the "address" is 3553.

• Add the "Third Party Name": extension@ip of callmanager. Example: 3553@10.236.25.11

• On the “Auth User ID” add the user that was selected as the Username within the Call Manager End User Menu

• Add the 5 digit Auth Password that was selected as the PIN Entry within the Call Manager End User Menu.

• Optional add a Label that will be displayed next to the Line Key

• Press exit until the Prompt comes to save the Settings and the Phone will reboot after this

Tks!

Thank you!

Here the default is:

Username: Polycom

Password: 456

Thank you, Steffen Baier.

I just made Polycom VVX 500 to work with CUCM 6.1.5. Not a problem following your guide.

Mavinktul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am having the same problem of polycom SoundStation IP 7000 - not getting registered as a

Third-party SIP Device (Basic)

- I have followed all the steps mentioned in this post.

CUCM System version: 8.6.2.22900-9

And getting the following alert from the Call Manager

%UC_CALLMANAGER-3-EndPointTransientConnection: %[Connecting Port=5060][Device name=][Device IP address=172.26.168.81][Device type=336][Reason Code=20][Protocol=SIP][IPAddressAttributes=0][LastSignalReceived=SIPRegisterInd][StationState=wait_register][App ID=Cisco CallManager][Cluster ID=EastBranchCluster][Node ID=CCMJSQ-PUB]: An endpoint attempted to register but did not complete registration

Please help!

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: