cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA - NAT - VLANS

j_Pearcy00
Level 1
Level 1

I want to start by thanking everyone for taking the time to ready this. We currently have a Fortigate firewall in place. We have multiple VLANS seperating our voip phone system from the rest of our traffic, and we also seperate out our guest wireless network. We just bought an ASA 5540. I have setup ASA's before and I seem to always miss one little detail and Im so mad at myself when I contact the TAC and they fix it within mins. So hopefully someone here can help me. I can ping the internal interface but nothing past that from the inside.

5 Replies 5

srue
Level 7
Level 7

try removing all of your icmp acl's and access-group commands.

instead try turning on icmp inspection globally:

policy-map global_policy

class inspection_default

inspect icmp

I should have been more detailed on my problem. It isnt just ICMP that is not getting from the inside to the rest of the world. Its everything. I know my default route is right because Im able to ping the outside interface from a machine out on the web.

are the interface names in the nat statement correct. I don't see an ip-address assigned to interface named as Inside.

global (Outside) 1 interface

nat (Inside) 1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 outside

do I have to add the Nat (Interface) 1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 outside for each Vlan?

nat (Internal) 1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

nat (Vlan_Phones) 1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

global (Outside) 1 interface

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card