cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 to Cisco ASA VPN

Brian Bergin
Level 4
Level 4

I've seen discussions about people making reliable VPN connections from an RV082 at a remote site to a Cisco ASA 5500-series security appliance in a home office.  Can we get a FAQ/document showing settings on both sides to make this work?  Even if you mark it as "This is an unsupported configuration, use at your own discretion" it would be better than nothing.  Every Cisco device, Linksys or otherwise, should be able to communicate with other devices, especially over industry standard IPSec protocols.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ntarazi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Please see attached tech  note about setting the Linskys RVxx VPN tunnel with Cisco

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

ntarazi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Please see attached tech  note about setting the Linskys RVxx VPN tunnel with Cisco

Thank you.  I will take a close look at this. One question, why does the 4 slide in the ppt file show a BEFVP41 when the previous 3 are for the RV0x2?  Thanks...

The IPSec implementation on the GUI should be the same for both RVxx and  BEFVP4. Did the information help ?

Brian -

My ASA5510 --- RV082 is down right now (the RV082 got hit by a power surge) but when it's back up I'll review the config if you're still in need of help.  I do remember that I had to set the Dead Peer Detection time on the RV082 to match that of the ASA for it to come up.  I think the default on the ASA is 10 seconds, but the default on the RV082 is 30 seconds?  Not sure, but I know I had to make those match before it came up.

Regards,
Scott

Yes I'd love to see how you set yours up.  I have the other config offered by Cisco too but havn't had time to test it out yet so any other options would be helpful.

Thanks...

Brian -

If you don't mind waiting - it'll be a couple of weeks.  My partner is going to be installing it next week or the week after.  I'll be on vacation the end of next week.  As soon as I have connectivity to it again, I'll let you know.

Regards,
Scott

Sounds great.  I'm working on finalizing the deployment of ~100 RV082's for another customer so I'll be plenty busy for some time to come.  Have a good vacation...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: