Views
Helpful
Replies

topology view on UC500

spollock
Level 1
Level 1

http://uc500.com/uc500

I connected a Cisco switch to the extension port and trunked.  Created switch voice vlan 100 to match UC500.

all works well, however topolgy view shows only switch, none of the phones behind it.

Swith is 3500 something with POE

CDP is on the switch.

what else?

5 Replies 5

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CCA only supports the Catalyst Express 520 series of switches.  It is not able to access the CDP table in the other models of switches to build up the topology view.  What you are seeing is completely expected behaviour.

Cheers,

Dave.

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I dont disagree with Dave's reply in terms of operation, design & support.

You didnt mention if you 'right mouse clicked' the swith and tried to add it to community?

I would hope it wouldnt work.

I did give it a try.  Doesn't seem to work.

It is a 3500 and does participate in CDP

Device ID        Local Intrfce     Holdtme    Capability  Platform  Port ID

004096576c8e     Fas 0/0            145                   AIR-AP350 fec0

SEP00152B8F2ABF  Fas 0/1/1          171           H       IP Phone  Port 1

SEP003094C2A02E  Fas 0/1/0          173           H       IP Phone  Port 1

Desk3500         Fas 0/1/8          140          T S      WS-C3524- Fas 0/24

SEP00152B4852B8  Fas 0/1/7          171           H       IP Phone  Port 1

SNMP communities match the UC

The issue is not whether the switch supports CDP, but rather whether CCA supports the switch.  Because the 3500 series is not part of the SBCS product family, no support for that product has been engineered into CCA.  As a result, CCA does not know how to dump the CDP table of the switch and does not try to.  Therefore, anything attached to that switch will remain undiscovered from a topology perspective.  You will get the same behaviour with any switch other than a CE520 at this point in time.

Cheers,

Dave.

Got it, thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: