Cant bridge 5Ghz radio on Aironet 1252 AP but 2.4Ghz can- Bug?

Unanswered Question
Apr 2nd, 2009

I recently purchased two Aironet 1252 (Dual 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz radios). And a weird *bug?* has been discovered. I can bridge (root to non-root method) the 2.4GHz radio's and use the 5Ghz radio as Access Points, but can not bridge the 5Ghz and use the 2.4 as APs.

In this latter configuration the Non-Root radio, even though its enabled, refuses to turn on (stays as the red arrow). Anyone come across this before.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jeff.kish Fri, 04/03/2009 - 09:19

If you can, please post your configs. We can look to see if there's an error in there, if there's not then it may be a bug.

The first thing I do when a radio refuses to come up is to check and make sure an SSID has been applied to the radio interface. Cisco AP radios won't turn on without an SSID attached to it.

sorvarit Sun, 04/05/2009 - 23:26

Are currently bridging some 1252s with 5Ghz, but we have swapped position on the radios. The 5Ghz are radio0 and 2,4Ghz radio1. You can try that on the non-root bridge first.

Have also two root bridges with 5Ghz radios positioned in both slots. Each radio are connected to two non-root brides in different directions.

Robert.N.Barrett_2 Mon, 04/06/2009 - 04:41

Is there a good article on configuring autonomous AP's for point to point bridging? Is it really just as simple as setting one AP's radio to root, the other AP's radio to non-root, and setting the SSID and security up? I searched but could not find much...

If I have an ACS server on the root side of the link, can I use EAP-TLS to authenticate the AP (assuming everything has valid certs)?

It looks like I can, but wanted to confirm.

This Discussion