Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 3.3 upgrade

Hi all,

Is it possible to upgrade CallManager Express software to newer version?

We have router 2811 (2811, 256MB RAM, 64MB FLASH) with old CallManager Express 3.3 (IOS version: c2800nm-spservicesk9-mz.124-3g.bin), and needing to connect unsupported new types of phones Cisco 7911, Cisco 7961.

What is necessary for successful upgrade?

Best regards,

Miroslav Petkovic

4 Replies 4

dezoconnor
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Miroslav,

Take a look at this compatibility matrix, shows you which versions of IOS support certain versions of CCME.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/requirements/guide/33matrix.htm

I found IOS: c2800nm-spservicesk9-mz.124-23.bin.

When I try to copy this IOS on empty flash, process failed after 98% (33,546,240 bytes).

Result was same when I tried to load IOS from TFTP server, process failed after 98% (33,546,240 bytes).

After crossing a border of 33MB of loaded IOS, there starts to appear O signes (OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....),and it never ends, so I need to power cycle my router to make it load the old IOS.

Thanks!

BR

Miroslav

Hi Miroslav, do you have enough room on your flash? Thats possibly why its failing, not enough capacity. Take a back up of the old IOS, delete, then try again.

Darren

I tried to load IOS on empty flash, and it was same.

After crossing a border of 33MB of loaded IOS, there starts to appear O signes (OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....),and it never ends, so I need to power cycle my router to make it load the old IOS.

BR,

Miroslav

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: