Views
Helpful
Replies

SCE CM and SM in one server?

nizammuddin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can i install Subscriber Manager (SM) on the existing Collection Manager (CM) server?

Can SM and CM work properly in one server?

Any input is appreciated. Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

5 Replies 5

cisco4kaleem
Level 1
Level 1

eneral: IPV 6 Deployment in IPCC ,Rogger & CM.

Posted by: cisco4kaleem - consultnat, al jeraisy

Apr 5, 2009, 10:34pm PST

HI

As there is a plan to upgrade from IPV 4 to IPV 6 want to make sure if the system need to be upgrade to support IPV 6

the version of Rogger A,B is MS Win 2003

AWSA and B MS wind 2003

CM A&B is 4.1 Windows 2000

IVR A and B Windows 2000

1. Current systems readiness for understanding the packet format of IPV6. This covers HW, SW (OS and DB), and Application

2. Current systems readiness for migrating to the new IPV6. This covers HW, SW (OS and DB), and Application

Appreciate early response.

jasmina27s
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

No. It is not supported by Cisco (If you want Cisco TAC support, it needs to be on separated servers).

It is even stated in the documentation: "The CM must run on its own machine. You cannot run it on the same machine as the Subscriber Manager and/or other applications."

For testing purposes it is possible to install it on one server. Generally, it works.

Best regards,

Jasmina

Hi Jasmina,

Thank you.

Could you please tell me where is the statement

"The CM must run on its own machine. You cannot run it on the same machine as the Subscriber Manager and/or other applications."

can be found? I search in the documentation and cannot find it.

Thank you.

Hi,

It is in the user guide for CM. Similar statement can be found in the user guide for SM.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/cable/serv_exch/serv_control/broadband_app/rel350/cmug/Installing_the_Collection_Manager.html#wp1044427

Regards,

Jasmina

Hi Jasmina,

The statement can be found in user guide for SM and CM version 3.5.0.

I did not see it because I only refer to user guide version 3.1.5.

Thank you Jasmina. You really helps me a lot. Thanks.

Best regards,

Nizam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: