cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Syslog standard report in device manger fails CW LMS3.1

orsonjoon
Level 1
Level 1

When selecting a device(s) for a recently newly added location in device manager, and then select "Syslog messages report" under reports the following error occurs:

CMN0016: You are not authorized to do the operation "Syslog Messages Report" for the selected device.

When I select another device on a different location the report displays successfully.

The only difference on the new location is that all the switches are VSS switches.

The strange thing is, when I run the same report for the in device manager failed device under: RME => Report generator: >Syslog standard report, the report succeeds successfully, which is basically the same report as the one from device manager?!?

Does anyone had this issue before?

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am tracking a bug for this already. I am waiting for some additional log files from customers. The VSS detail is new, so that may be helpful. I assume this server is integrated with ACS?

Yes,

the server is ACS integrated.

I don't know if it is specifically VSS, because the site is a datacenter with only VSS switches.

If you need logs to resolve this, please let me know and perhaps I can help you, thanks for your answer.

I think I found the bug. You can open a TAC service request, and have your engineer contact me directly if you want to try a patch.

Allright, opened a TAC case, thanks again for the effort.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco