Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 stack hardware compatibilty

prakadeesh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am planning to stack a c3750-48Ts and another c3750-24Ts. I am aware that the SDM are different for the c3750-12s series. My C3750-24-TS is currently running a 12.2.25.SEB1, so will this IOS be compatible with the C3750-48TS being its member.will I run into any SDM issues? Any help on this is very helpful.

Thanks

:)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just make sure that your IOS have the same version and feature set and your SDM is the latest version and you should be all right.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Cisco StackWise technology is a stacking architecture optimized for Gigabit Ethernet. This technology is designed to respond to additions, deletions, and redeployment while maintaining constant performance. Cisco StackWise technology unites up to nine individual switches into a single logical unit, using special stack-interconnect cables and stacking software. The individual switches can be any combination of Cisco Catalyst 3750 and Cisco Catalyst 3750-E Series Switches. The stack behaves as a single switching unit that is managed by a master switch, elected from one of the member switches. The master switch automatically creates and updates all the switching and optional routing tables. A working stack can accept new members or delete old ones without service interruption.

HTH>

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The c3750-12s models, I recall, supports one SDM template not supported by the other 3750 models, but if you use a similar SDM template, you should be able to mix 3750 models within the same stack.

Other 3750 models' SDM templates are identical, so it shouldn't be a concern mixing 24 vs. 48 port -TS models.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just make sure that your IOS have the same version and feature set and your SDM is the latest version and you should be all right.

Thanks for the rating.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card