Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 - Integration WLSE in Campus Manager

Sven Hruza
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

we manage a lot of access points with WLSEs. Now I want to get the wireless clients from the WLSE into the LMS Campus Manager.

WLSE is SNMP reachable and SSH access works, too.

What I have to do else to get the client data from the WLSE?

Campus Manager told me, that WLSE is not a valid switch device for acquisition.

Thanks!

13 Replies 13

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Integration is handled differently from regular switches when it comes to UT acquisition. Make sure you are running Campus Manager 5.1.1 or higher. Then go to Campus Manager > Admin > User Tracking > Acquisition, and DISABLE "Enable User Tracking on Access Points". Doing so will enable the WLSE integration piece instead of trying to get wireless users from APs directly. From there, just make sure your WLSEs have been data collected by Campus Manager, and are showing as green with Application Server icons on the topology map.

Then go to Campus Manager > User Tracking > Reports > Report Generator, and run the Wireless Report to see your users.

Thanks for the reply!

Are the wireless hosts shown in the counter of User Tracking Acquisition on the Homepage of CM?

Perhaps I found a cosmetic issue with the version of CM. In the homepage I get an information, that the running version is 4.0.0. But in the software center of CS it is shown correct with 5.1.1.

It is not so important, but for information...

thanks!

The WLSE users are only shown in the Wireless report, and not in the main UT report.

This could be indicative of a stale JSP cache. Shutdown Daemon Manager, and delete all of the files and directories under NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/work/Standalone/localhost. Then restart Daemon Manager. See if the CM homepage looks correct.

The integration doesn't work on my system.

In topology the WLSEs are green with the right icon (attachment).

I started a data collection out of the topology for the WLSEs, but I get no wireless devices in the report.

Is there a special software nessecary on the WLSE?

We have two 1130 and two 1133. Should both types work?

What version of Campus Manager do you have? What are the sysObjectIDs of the WLSEs? Please post your NMSROOT/campus/etc/cwsi/ut.properties.

Hi!

We use Campus Manager 5.1.1

The OIDs of the WLSEs are:

.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.630 (two devices)

.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.752 (two devices)

I attached the ut.properties.

Thanks!

This all looks good. Please post the NMSROOT/campus/etc/cwsi/WlseUhic.properties and wlseuhic.log.

In the wlseuhic.log I found those lines:

2009/04/14 15:49:48 WlseUhic ERROR WlseDCRWrapper: Username is null...

2009/04/14 15:49:48 WlseUhic ERROR WlseDCRWrapper: Password is null...

2009/04/14 15:49:48 WlseUhic ERROR WlseDCRWrapper: Mode is null...

2009/04/14 15:49:48 WlseUhic ERROR WlseDCRWrapper: Mode is null...

2009/04/14 15:49:48 WlseUhic ERROR WlseDCRWrapper: Protocol is null...

Is this the problem? If yes, what I have to configure for accessing the WLSE by CM?

I installed the update to CM 5.1.3 yesterday.

You need to have HTTP credentials configured in DCR for the WLSE devices. Go to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management, and edit the credentials for your WLSEs. Go to the page on HTTP credentials, and enter the proper HTTP username, password, and mode (either HTTP or HTTPS).

I don't get access per https.

Is it necessary to enter "HTTPS Port" and "Certificate Common Name"?

And is there a way to debug the access more than the troubleshooting in the device center?

No, these fields are not required if the access mode is HTTP. There is extra WlseUhic debugging that can be enabled, but that is not necessary at this point.

The access mode is HTTPS.

So I think the credentials look like this:

HTTPS Port: 443

Certificate Common Name:

Current Mode: HTTPS

Is that right?

Assuming you've also filled in the admin credentials you use to access the WLSE web UI, then yes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: