- Blue, 1500 points or more
***** This thread was promoted to the Discussion board by Marcos Hernandez ******
I have done this, many different ways, many different times, wasted hours. It simply does not work:
How can I generate a custom MoH file?
Using Audacity version 1.2.6, you can create a custom MoH file for the UC500. You can capture a MOH file using a CD Player or microphone.
Download Audacity from http://audacity.sourceforge.net/. It is available for PC, Mac or Unix.
You will have to modify the preferences of Audacity by selecting:
- Edit > Preferences.
- Under Audio I/O, select the recording device and Channels to 1 (Mono).
- Under Quality, change Default Sample Rate to 8000Hz.
- Under File Format, change Uncompressed Export Format to AU (Sun/Next 8 bit u-law). For A-law, select other, AU (Sun/NeXT), then select A-law.
You can now record the audio and use Audacity to edit the file and trim unwanted audio. The volume level of a MOH file cannot be adjusted through Cisco IOS software, so it cannot be changed when the file is loaded into the flash memory of the UC500. To adjust the volume level of a MOH file, rerecord the file, but adjust the volume controls in an audio editor before downloading the file to UC500's flash memory.
Export the audio the audio by selection:
- File > Export As AU.
- Name the file and save it to a known location.
The file is ready for import.