Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring CCM call forward to external number

I am running CCM 5.1 and I want to enable call forward all to an external DID, such as a cell phone. I have created a route pattern for the external cell phone number but am having no luck with getting this to work. Any thoughts?

James

4 Replies 4

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

1) There's a forwarding CSS on the line configuration.

2) If the incoming call is from PSTN, make sure "Block OffNet To OffNet Transfer" is set to Off in "service parameters > Callmanager".

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

1)I can call forward all to internal extensions using both the CFwdALL softkey and the Call Forward All field for the line configuration. However when I try to use the CFwdALL softkey and type in an external number it gives me a message "Your call cannot be completed as dialed...". I am getting this because only extensions begining with 2 or 3 can be dialed internally and you need to dail a 9 to get an outside dial tone.

If I enter the external number directly in Call Forwarding configuration for the line, I get the same message as above.

2) Block Offnet to Offnet Transfer is set to False.

this is something very simple, you're probably overlooking something

if the CFA CSS is not selected you'll use the one from your phone. if you choose a CFA CSS then it has preference.

you need to dial the number exactly as CUCM expects it, if you use 9, then 9XXXXXX whatever

"your call cannot be completed" means your issue is CSS and partitions, look into that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

You are correct, it was that simple! Duh! I didn't see the forest for the trees. I had the CFA CSS set to internal only. As soon as I set it to local it works like a charm. Thanks.