Views
Helpful
Replies

loading IOS greater than 33MBs fails

mizoran78
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

My problem is the following. I have 2811 router with 256MB of RAM and 64MB of flash memory, loaded with IOS 12.4(3g). It has CME 3.3 up and running and generally it works OK.

But my problem began when I wanted to upgrade IOS with newer IOS due to upgrade from CME v3.3 to v4.x.

Namely, when I started copying a new IOS image from tftp server to router's flash, it failed.

Everything was normal (with copying) when it started to load, but when it was about to finish (98% was loaded to flash), suddenly it changed exclamation marks "!" for "O" letter (like this ...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOOOOO....) and that was the end of process.

Is there any solution or explanation for this?

TIA

Zoran Milenkovic

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark Yeates
Level 7
Level 7

Zoran,

What TFTP server are you using? Some TFTP servers have size limitations. I found using tftpd32 a good server that doesn't have this size limitation. You may want to give it a try.

HTH,

Mark

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Mark Yeates
Level 7
Level 7

Zoran,

What TFTP server are you using? Some TFTP servers have size limitations. I found using tftpd32 a good server that doesn't have this size limitation. You may want to give it a try.

HTH,

Mark

As Mark mentions, some TFTP servers have a file size limitation; often 32 MB.

Another alternative is to use FTP.

Hey Mark,

You were right and the TFTP was the guilty one!

Thanks to other guys also! Tftpd32 works just fine.

BR

Zoran

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try TFTP32. I know it worked for me.

http://tftpd32.jounin.net

Hey guys!

Thanks a lot for the great hint! I will try out the recommended TFTP sw and come back to you with the results.

BR

Zoran

Thanks for the rating Zoran.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: