Views
Helpful
Replies

Closed Greeting in Unity

huntlee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I want to use Closed Greeting at Unity so when it is after hours, it will play the Closed prompt.

However, what i found is that:

i) If i don't enabled Closed Greeting under Call Handler, it doesn't play the greeting even if my schedule for Call Handler is set to be non office hours

ii) If i enabled 'Closed Greeting', it overrides completely my Standard Greeting 24 x 7 so it ignores my schedule completely... i.e. it should only play closed greeting after 6pm... but when i 'enabled' Closed greeting, it plays Closed Greeting 24 hours instead of playing the Standard Greeting at normal business hours and Closed Greeting after 6pm.

Would be greatly appreciated for any help.

Cheers,

Hunt

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

u sure you're enabling the closed greeting and not the alternate greeting??

alternate does override any other greeting

what's the whole call flow?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I had a problem with the close greeting, and this comment helped me to let it go. Thank you

Did you create the schedule for the opening hrs and assign that to the Call Handler?

Sounds like the schedule isnt set right and hes manually setting it.

I'm having the same/similar issue. I've been out sick for awhile and just came back to a couple upgrades. We are now on 11.5.,   I thought I remembered if you set active schedule you would also set closed hrs within that schedule, but I can't seem to remember that part now if needed. Through the reading I've done so far, I've read the active hrs dictate the transfer rules. Such as, in active hrs follows the Standard transfer thus follows the active greeting. Same would be for non-active hrs via the schedule would prompt the automatic switch over the closed transfer rule followed by automatically activating the closed greeting. Not working unless I manually set it.

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Can you paste screenshots of your scheduler and Call Handler.

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

Sorry, my error. Confusing active with enabled.

Along with the Closed Greeting, did you also configure a Closed Transfer rule?

Maren

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: