LMS 2.6 Report question

Answered Question
Apr 3rd, 2009
User Badges:

How can i do a report that will show me all my routers that have a secondary ip address on them?

Correct Answer by Joe Clarke about 8 years 3 months ago

You can use the baseline compliance feature of RME to do this. Go to RME > Config Mgmt > Archive Mgmt > Baseline Templates, and create a new advanced template for your Routers group (or any other groups you may want). The template will simply consist of prerequisite command set, and one simple check for a ubiquitous command (like hostname):

Name : SecondaryCheck

IsPrerq : TRUE

Submode : interface [#.*#]

Body:

+ ip address [ADDR] [MASK] secondary

Name : HostnameCheck

IsPrereq : FALSE

Prereq : SecondaryCheck

Submode :

Body:

+ hostname [NAME]

Then run a compliance check against all relevant devices. The resulting compliant devices have a secondary IP, and those excluded do not.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
glynncounty Fri, 04/03/2009 - 09:40
User Badges:

Reason for this is..

Seams that when I do a device descover and then a data collection in CM 4.0.12 we have some old routes still in our configs.. And somehow it is reporting that there is a router maybe due to a static route that isn't there anymore? I am at a loss on what is happening...

Correct Answer
Joe Clarke Fri, 04/03/2009 - 09:46
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

You can use the baseline compliance feature of RME to do this. Go to RME > Config Mgmt > Archive Mgmt > Baseline Templates, and create a new advanced template for your Routers group (or any other groups you may want). The template will simply consist of prerequisite command set, and one simple check for a ubiquitous command (like hostname):

Name : SecondaryCheck

IsPrerq : TRUE

Submode : interface [#.*#]

Body:

+ ip address [ADDR] [MASK] secondary

Name : HostnameCheck

IsPrereq : FALSE

Prereq : SecondaryCheck

Submode :

Body:

+ hostname [NAME]

Then run a compliance check against all relevant devices. The resulting compliant devices have a secondary IP, and those excluded do not.

Actions

This Discussion